14 Fun Things to Do with the Kids these School Holidays
April 9, 2019
It seems like only yesterday that we were waving the kids off to school after the summer holidays, yet here we are again! The Easter school holidays are fast approaching and that means one thing – trying to keep the little ones busy.
Don’t panic, though, because we’ve scoured the country for 14 super-fun and budget-friendly activities that both parents and children will love!
1. For the littlies, treat them to a day of non-stop play centre fun for just $10 at Bay Play in Cleveland. Not only will they enjoy hours of entertainment in the play gym, inflatables, trampolines, foam pit and more, but they’ll also get a kid’s meal to refuel afterwards!
2. Bring the big kids along for one-hour of puzzle-solving fun at Escape Hunt Brisbane from $50 for two people, with four exciting escape rooms to choose from! Channel your inner spy and see if you can crack the code within the 60-minute time limit.
3. Experience the adrenaline-pumping fun of skydiving without even stepping inside a plane with a thrilling indoor skydiving experience at iFly Gold Coast from $49. Suitable for anyone over the age of three, it’s something they’ll never forget!
4. Back on solid ground, give your kiddies a taste of the simple life with a half-day pass to Gummies Farm in Canungra! From as little as $35, they’ll enjoy a 90-minute horse riding adventure, boomerang throwing lesson, whip-cracking demonstration, animal feeding and morning or afternoon tea.
7. Your little one loves their video games, so imagine how much they’d love being in the game themselves! That’s exactly what’s in store for them at VR Canberra, where virtual reality games start at just $4. Using state-of-the-art headsets and immersion rigs, you’ll be at the heart of the action!
8. Turn their dreams of becoming a spy into reality with a Kids Spy Network adventure pack from just $7! All you have to do is download the mission materials, print them out, then plant them somewhere your child will find them. Each mission takes around one hour to complete, putting their problem-solving skills and imagination to the test.
9. Show them the city from a whole new perspective with a spin on the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel for only $15. Each 30-minute flight offers spectacular views of the CBD and beyond, reaching up to 120 metres high. A must-do for locals and tourists alike!
13. If you grew up in Perth, chances are you visited Landsdale Farm at some point or another. Now it’s time to pass on the tradition! Take the little ones for a day out at in the country for only $4 per person and let them interact with the animals, take a ride on the tractor train, tend to the garden and more!
Keeping the kids (not to mention mum and dad!) happy these school holidays doesn’t have to be a chore – nor does it have to break the bank. Head over to Cudo now and see what fun activities are on offer near you!