14 Fun Things to Do with the Kids These School Holidays
Can you believe how quickly the year is flying by? The September school holidays are already upon us, and soon enough it’ll be Christmas! But before you start panicking, relax - because we’ve got the next couple of weeks covered with 14 super-fun and budget-friendly school holiday activities that both the kids and you will love.
1. The winter soccer season may be over, but that’s no excuse to let those hard-earned ball skills fall by the wayside! Train up your mini Messi with two soccer training sessions from Grasshopper Soccer for just $6! Classes are available for ages two to 12 with dozens of locations available across the state (and the country).
2. Bring the big kids along for one-hour of puzzle-solving fun at Escape Hunt Brisbane from $49 for two people, with four exciting escape rooms to choose from! Channel your inner spy and see if you can crack the code within the 60-minute time limit.
3. Did you use to love arcades when you were a kid? Introduce your little gamer to the future of arcade games with a trip to Holoverse in Southport, where the two of you can battle it out with 10 hologram arcade games for just $28. This awesome new tech sees realistic, solid-looking objects projected right before your eyes!
4. Treat your little adrenaline junkie to the ultimate high-speed experience with a 55-minute jet boat experience from GC Jet Boating & Parasail from $38 (plus $10 school holiday surcharge). They’ll reach speeds of up to 75km/h, performing 360-degree spins and plenty more cool tricks!
5. Let them channel their inner Australian Ninja Warrior with an hour of climbing fun at Ninja 101 in Prestons from $15! Parents can join in too, with 22 obstacles of varying difficulty, two inflatable courses and even a three-level warped wall. Can you beat it?
6. Feel the need - the need for speed! - with a go-karting experience at Eastern Creek International Karting Raceway from $25. Tackle the track together on a double kart or go head-to-head and embrace your competitive side with your own ride!
7. Can’t go in their room without stepping on a Matchbox car (or five)? Take the little rev-head in your family to Way2Fast in Mitchell for a one-hour slot car racing session for just $19, or get a whole group of car-obsessed kids together for a party package from $89!
8. Turn their dreams of becoming a spy into reality with a Kids Spy Network adventure pack from just $7! All you have to do is download the mission materials, print them out, then plant them somewhere your child will find them. Each mission takes around one hour to complete, putting their problem-solving skills and imagination to the test.
9. Can’t seem to curb your little monkey’s seemingly boundless energy? Tucker them out with a day of play centre fun at PlayHut in Geelong from just $5! Want to make it social? Grab a party package for up to 10 kids, complete with food, drink and plenty of fun.
10. If you’ve got a little history buff on your hands, take them back in time to the golden age of train travel with a ride on the Victorian Goldfields Railway from $9. From the beautifully-restored booth seats to the stunning views of the goldfields and beyond, they’ll be absolutely blown away.
11. Treat your children to a movie at Goodwood’s iconic heritage-listed Capri Theatre from just $5! Choose from popular new flicks like Abominable, Ride Like a Girl, The Angry Birds Movie 2 and Dora & The Lost City of Gold and enjoy $1 off popcorn or $1 off a glass of wine or beer for mum and dad!
12. Take school holiday fun to brand new heights and score the title of Coolest Parent Ever with an aerial adventure pass at Mega Adventure in West Beach for $35! This sky-high playground boasts more than 70 obstacles, an 18-metre free-fall simulator and access to the SkyWalk, home to some of the best views of Adelaide.
13. Give them a chance to hone their putting skills with 36 holes of night mini golf (plus popcorn!) at the beautiful Wanneroo Botanic Gardens for $10. There are plenty of tricky obstacles and ramps to test yourself or challenge your competitive little one!
14. For the big kids, let them channel their inner Robin Hood with a two-hour beginner archery lesson at The Archery Centre in Mindarie from $35 for two people. All equipment is included, and you’ll have a professional instructor right there to guide you and your mini Katniss Everdeen!
Keeping the kids (not to mention mum and dad!) happy these school holidays doesn’t have to be a chore – nor does it have to break the bank. Head over to Cudo now and see what fun activities are on offer near you!